Marketing Association Digital Overhaul
“I’m thrilled. So thorough”…”I don’t know anyone else who has the patience for this.”
- Part I: Extensive, multi-site audit and mapping of the 18 sites in the association’s ecosystem.
- Part 2: Design a new user experience for a harmonized primary site incorporating voluminous content from a very old, out-dated site.
- Part 3: Design the personalized and social interaction aspects of the redesigned/harmonized site.
Success / Feedback
- Proudest moment: The third party development firm was so impressed with my work that they have become a client of mine.
- Recognizing that my client stakeholders and the third party dev firm would have difficulty absorbing the structure of so many sites and recognizing how tedious it would be for folks to try to familiarize themselves with the content from all the sites, I summarized each site before presenting the site map.I also made the deliverables fully interactive using advanced Omnigraffle and Acrobat features. Both the client and development team were ecstatic about this aspect the deliverables.
- A major problem of the old site was the inconsistent manner in which the content was presented. The new design included simple templates for simpler pages but more importantly, provided a consistent, robust filtering experience for the large volumes of content for which visitors would need to forage through to find desired content.
Challenges That I Overcame
- Very short turnaround time
- Client had no prior documentation on the multitude of sites within its jurisdiction. There had been a significant, undocumented evolution of “sister sites”, microsites, and subordinate sites. Thus, the client was not sure exactly how many sites actually existed.
Since there were no guiding documents the endeavor required clicking on every link within every site and analyzing every page in order to properly map the sites, and offer recommendations.
- UX Audits (18)
- Information Architecture (current site maps)
- Information Architecture (harmonized map)
- UX Design (wireframes)
- Process guidance
Audit sample close-up
Site Map sample